The Silent Auction that Was…
The most successful one to date! Thank you to everyone who donated, helped and attended. A really fantastic evening highlighted by a nerve-wracking live auction, delicious cocktails and last-second pounce bidding! An early count has already surpassed last year’s gross at $26,000. And not all items have been collected yet.
To that point, some of you have been contacted to find a time to come pick up your items. The H&S room will be open for business Monday (3:30–4pm), Tuesday (9–9:30am, 3:30–4pm) and Wednesday before and after the H&S meeting (6:30–7pm, 8:30–9pm). Cash, cheque and credit will be accepted.
Winners of raffles and class canvases (who don’t already know) should have been contacted already. If you and your child were dismayed at not winning their class canvas, do not despair! We’ll be taking orders for mugs, notebooks, t-shirts and posters featuring each class painting soon.
If you had a great time, and want to be part of the fantastic team that put this all together, shoot us an email (email@example.com) and you can be in on the action next year. There is always a session which involves taste-testing the cocktails!
Withrow Fun Fair – Saturday, May 23 –Ways for Kids & Parents to Get Involved!
- What/When. Now that the parents have had their fun, it is time for the kids to have their day in the sun. The Fun Fair is on May 23rd from 11am–3pm. Bouncy castles, talent show, face painting and dunk Mr. T are some the many fun things for the kids. Find out more about Fun Fair here.
- Talent Show. Calling all Withrow performers, the talent show is coming up! It’s time for the kids to bring out their hula hoops, singing voices, dancing shoes, or any other favourite talent they’d like to share. Rehearsals will begin in May. In the interim, if your kids are interested, please contact Jason at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organizing Committee. Thanks so much to everyone who has volunteered so far. Just a few more spots to fill: sponsorship (shadows to learn the ropes), candy kebobs and the ol’ cake walk. Please contact Erin Binnie at email@example.com for more information.
Home & School meeting, Wednesday, April 1st
The meeting is at 7pm in the library. The agenda is as follows:
- Classroom organization. The school now has its student numbers and teacher allocation for next year. Come see how the puzzle is put together given all the constraints from the ministry and the board.
- Transitioning to School Council next year. As mandated by the TDSB, we need to have a school council by next year. See how that will play out and how you can participate.