Yay for the parents and caregivers: nailed it!
Maybe our kids deserve some kudos – especially the new-to-school ones but, let’s face it, adults are the ones on the receiving end of tired meltdowns these past few days.
We have heard that the instructions for getting signed up for our website email list were about as clear as mud, so we’ll try again. It will be blamed entirely on first week and school prep and life and not enough hours or cups of coffee in a day.
Instructions for following our website posts… here goes!
From a mobile device:
- Open up www.withrowhands.com on your phone
- Do a little thumb scroll up and down to activate the site
- You should notice a “follow” sign on the bottom of your screen
- Then you need to enter your email and press the blue button, and this will generate a confirmation email to your address
- You will then receive an email every time we make a website posting – woot!
From a desktop:
- Look for the picture below on the right hand side and it’s the last item in the right column – enter your email and click the “Follow” button
Again, apologies. If you’re still having difficulties send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll know how clear this instructional sheet is 🙂
We will be using the website (www.withrowhands.com) as the primary source of communication this year. You can sign up to receive notifications when new posts happen.
To turn on notifications so that you can get emails with every new web post. Please see details on the bottom right of the home page of the website.
We always need volunteers!
Welcome Back Picnic – THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17th, 5:30-7pm
- We need volunteers for table set up, drink and food distribution, food ordering, and clean up
- SIGN UP NOW! using our online sign up tool
- positions that are vacant this year are Co-Chair and Secretary. We are also looking for help with our social media and website. We have not had after school programs for a while and we would love for a couple of people to resurrect this.
- Send us an email at email@example.com if you are interested. If we have many volunteers we can have an election during the first H&S meeting
- We are keeping the new tradition of movie nights and are hoping to add a few more this year. We are looking for people to help run them – even if you can only sign up for one that would be great!
Silent Auction & Fun Fair
- It takes a village to run both of our major activities each year. The Silent Auction is looking for 2 co-chairs plus committee members, and the Fun Fair is looking for committee members. Both events require help on the day of as well.
We value your privacy. If you want us to be able to know your email, know what class your child is in, etc. we need your permission to do so. A Google Form will be posted soon should you choose to permit us to contact you.
It’s linked to the website, but if you want to add the H&S calendar to your calendars that you have, just download via the public link. That way you will be able to see when H&S events are happening, like pizza lunches, movie nights, PA days, silent auction, and fun fair.
You can purchase Withrow wear for children and adults alike! Withrow
is not a uniform school so all of this clothing is optional. If your child is going to be
participating in extracurricular sports a red Withrow t-shirt is recommended.
Welcome back! This year we will potentially explore an integrated Home & School Association and a new School Council. Both H&S and the Council’s primary role will be to create a gateway for parents to help build a better community and learning environment for our kids.
We aid in communications between parents, teachers, administrators, elected officials, neighbours, and students.
Please visit our website, www.withrowhands.com, for info on these two organisations and to sign up for our mailing list via the link provided by the end of the week. The website will be updated regularly with information about all our events. As well, look for our message board inside the Bain Ave. entrance doors.
Why might you you want communications from Withrow H&S Association / Withrow School Council?
* For information about fun upcoming events like the Welcome Back Picnic, family movie nights, the Fun Fair and the Silent Auction.
* For the opportunity to volunteer on a committee or on the executive. Engagement from families improves our school and community for all our children. Home and School’s events are organised by, and rely on, parent volunteers. We send our event sign ups via our mailing list and all the event committees are looking for people to chair or take a lead role in planning.
* To have an active voice within the school community and to remain informed about community led initiatives.
We hold a minimum of five meetings in the evening in the school library. Child care is provided and the first meeting this school year will be held on Oct. 3, 2019 at 7pm. We will look to fill the available positions on the Home and School executive panel and discuss the year ahead.